The Community Concert Band (CCB) typically has about 50 active members from the Central Illinois area and performs year-round. Michael Wallace is the conductor. The band is an all volunteer organization and provides its concerts for free to the public.
Many members also play in smaller ensembles that are associated with the band. For example, there is the "Opposite Sax" Quartet, Clarinet Choir, Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble and Dixieland band. The band also features soloist from the band as well as guest musicians such as Amy Gilreath and Greg Allen.
Membership in the Community Concert Band is open to all instrumentalists 18 years of age or older, or high school age by permission, who play instruments found in the standard scoring of the concert band. Participation in the activities of the CCB is on a voluntary basis and is not restricted by audition or fee. If you are interested in joining the band, send an e-mail to the Director,
The purpose of the Community Concert Band is two-fold:
- to provide opportunity for adults to participate in a concert band
- to make a unique musical and cultural contribution to the community
- The functions of the Community Concert Band are:
- to be a not-for-profit organization
- to foster a spirit of camaraderie among the wind and percussion players in the community
- to bring a needed complement to the arena of amateur arts in the community
- to bring to the community musical experiences not provided by other musical organizations
Band Charter and Bylaws